[Freeciv-Dev] quick patch for tilespec.c

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] quick patch for tilespec.c
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 22:33:59 -0500

here's another patch.

This patch is a preparatory move for moving tile_is_known() out of map.c
and into the client (somewhere). It stops the lookup of ptile->known in
5 places in tilespec.c and instead calls tile_is_known() It also removes
useless variable declarations that result. For an explanation for why
this is needed, see my posts circa August 26.

Again this patch is obviously correct. Please apply soon.

In that thread, I mentioned the possibility of creating a new file in
client/ called climap.c. This was dismissed and the use of climisc.c and
the resting place of tile_is_known() was proposed. I have no strong
opposition for this, but has anybody noticed how big climisc.c has
gotten recently? It's ballooned 9k since 1.12.0 and will grow another 5k
when the new_city_dialog is committed. I think that it's become a
dumping ground for functions merely because nobody is thinking about a
better way to go about it (like new files that differentiate function a
bit better)

Anyway, patch is attached.

-mike