[Freeciv-Dev] Re: quick patch for tilespec.c

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: quick patch for tilespec.c
From: Jason Dorje Short <vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 00:10:25 -0400

Mike Kaufman wrote:

> here's another patch.
>
> This patch is a preparatory move for moving tile_is_known() out of map.c
> and into the client (somewhere). It stops the lookup of ptile->known in
> 5 places in tilespec.c and instead calls tile_is_known() It also removes
> useless variable declarations that result. For an explanation for why
> this is needed, see my posts circa August 26.

tile_is_known(x, y) is the equivalent of map_get_tile(x, y)->known [1],
which is used quite often in the server.  It doesn't make sense to have a
specialized function for this, and use it only in the client.  It should
either be used everywhere, or not at all.

Not that this has anything to do with this patch...which looks fine to me
(from a technical perspective; I haven't read to see why it's needed).

jason