[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sugg: Make the "select nation" use get_nation_name_plu

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sugg: Make the "select nation" use get_nation_name_plural?
From: "Pieter J. Kersten" <kersten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:20:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Raimar Falke wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 09:34:55AM +0200, Pieter J. Kersten wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > My 2c:
> > To make things worse, using dutch there are four different words for all
> > four mentioned contexts:
> >
> >   One %s            Nederlander
> >   The %s            Nederlanders
> >   The %s ship       Nederlandse
> >   Your unit (%s)    Nederlands
>
> Can you give more examples for the last two forms? The distinction
> isn't clear to me.
>
>       Raimar

I'm not that familiar with the english terms, but I'll do my best.
Using the name of the nation in a sentence not by itself, it gets an 'e'
exit. Using it independent, it does not get that exit. Using it totally
independent as one word, even the 's' exit disappears.
So you would get:

  England                                Nederland
  One English (is this correct English?) Een Nederlander
  The English                            De Nederlanders
  The English ship                       Het Nederlandse schip
  Your unit (English)                    Uw eenheid (Nederlands)

Sorry, no more examples, but I hope you can see the picture.

HTH,
--
Pieter J. Kersten