[Freeciv-Dev] Re: The AI Strikes Back: CMA 1.0

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: The AI Strikes Back: CMA 1.0
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 12:47:35 +0200

On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 02:00:36AM -0700, Raahul Kumar wrote:

> [ All your mails have weird wrapings. There are only minor problems
> with normal text but it makes the patch hard to read.  Can you fix
> this? ]
>
> Yes, this is due to me cutting and pasting out of the diff. I have
> adjusted to reading diff files as they are. But if you are referring
> to the

In this email you forgot to quote. Also note that I get every email
from you twice. Same To and content but different Msg-Id and Dates.

> >line that my emails sometimes have I cannot do
> anything. Blame Yahoo! I can
> send attachments instead if you prefer.

Try the attachments. It can only be better. You may also think about
switching to another email service.

> (pcity->ppl_scientist - result->scientists) =
> extra_scientists;
>
> What is this? This doesn't look like valid C.
>
> Why the hell not? It certainly should be valid C, all
> I am attempting to do is below.

I know what you are try to do. However doing "(a-b)=c" is invalid in C
because "(a-b)" isn't assignable i.e. a lvalue. You have to write it
as

  extra_scientists = (pcity->ppl_scientist - result->scientists);

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Just because you put a flag on the moon doesn't make it yours, it just