[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Win32 client

To: David Weisgerber <col@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Win32 client
From: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 18:50:26 +0200

David Weisgerber writes:
 > Am Samstag, 15. September 2001 18:34 schrieben Sie:
 > > Now that the native Win32 client sources are in CVS i wonder: what tools
 > > are you using to compile it?
 >
 > There are some freeware/GNU tools for windows to compile it with cygwin.dll
 > think. Or just make a gcc crosscompile

You can compile freeciv so that it does not need cygwin.dll.

 > > Do you plan to use GDI or DirectDraw for the graphics?
 >
 > No, we are currently using Gtk for graphics but I am planning to write a
 > SDL­client in the future.

What do you speak about? The 1.12.0 client uses gtk but it has to be
patched. The current cvs windows client does not use gtk!!!

For a binary look at http://home.t-online.de/home/akemnade/freeciv-win-cvs.zip.
Haven't you noticed the stuff in the gui-win32 dir?

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade