[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cost of settlers under communism (PR#932)

To: gs234@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cost of settlers under communism (PR#932)
From: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 16:03:28 +0200

Gaute B. Strokkenes (gs234@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 11:56:48AM +0200, Davide Pagnin wrote:
>>> on civ II Apoliton Forum, they are a great community of civ II
>>> players, I hope they will answer my question:
>>> http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25818
>>
>> It turns out that the manual is wrong.
>
>I'm about to check in a patch to civ2/governments.ruleset mentioning
>this.

Hi! Perhaps I missed something...

From the thread I've opened on Apoliton, you can read that some manuals
of payciv are wrong, and this implies that unit_food_cost under
communism
is 2 not 1!

You've modified data/civ2/governments.ruleset in this way:

unit_food_factor    = 1 ; The Payciv manual (wrongly) claims this is 2.

But it is the contrary!
unit_food_factor    = 2 ; Some Payciv manuals (wrongly) claims this is
1.

Ciao, Davide