[Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion for fog of war

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion for fog of war
From: "Michael T. Babcock" <mbabcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 17:46:09 -0400

One thing that would be very useful is to have a way to show the area of control of a given city / unit without the interference of others. If I have a city with a settler nearby building irrigation and another settler a few squares away ready to build another city, I need to turn on the grid and count squares or open the city and look at its map, then close that window again and still count off a couple squares to decide where to place that second city. By contrast, if it were possible to, for example, middle-click a city, and see a highlight (yellow instead of just the fog-of-war brightness change?) of which squares it 'sees', choosing a new site becomes easy. The other option that would be nice is to view all the cities' land usage together without being affected by other units, so as to see which land squares are not being developed.

PS, I'm not on this mailing list, so if you have any questions, E-mail me.

--
Michael T. Babcock