[Freeciv-Dev] Re: goto from Trieme with Lighthouse (PR#915)

To: ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: goto from Trieme with Lighthouse (PR#915)
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:56:13 +0100 (BST)

> Full_Name: Thomas Strub
> Version: 1.12.0
> Client: Gtk+
> OS: Linux 2.4.7
> Submission from: (NULL) (129.13.64.202)
>

> When using the client goto-function for a Trieme when Ligthhouse i
> build and is useful. The goto-Function don't care about the 0% chance
 > that triemes sink.

Attached is a patch suggested by Thomas, started by Raimar and slightly
extended and tested by me.  It changes functions
ai_manage_explorer
find_the_shortest_path
create_goto_map

I did not attempt to change find_a_direction since I don't yet understand
how it functions and I am pretty sure it doesn't work properly as it is
now.  It might be in for some serious fixing.  Right now trireme does not
work in the exploring mode (well, it works but sinks) and the patch does
not fix it :(

Attached are two savegames, one with Lighthouse (trieme.sav, login:pille,
courtesy of Thomas) and another one without (cant_build_settl.sav.gz,
login:gregory).

Best,
G.