[Freeciv-Dev] Some points

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Some points
From: col@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:31:05 +0200

Here are some points from me to think about:

1.) Some fun
What about making a freeciv tourney somewhen in September ? This would be nice
and funny...

2.) Server
a)The server should become be more democratic (is this spelled right ?!):
If someone wants to change a server variable or want to execute a command,
there should be a vote first where the players are asked if the command should
be executed like on Counter-Strike / Quake Servers.
b)If a game ends, the server should restart after some minutes so a new game
can begin.

3.) GUI
To be able to implement the sounds we should make the GUI displaying one event
@ once. This makes the game a little bit slower but otherwise including
event-sounds will become difficult.

4.) Sounds
My sound system works stable and I think that can be included to CVS soon (some
weeks) so I would suggest we update the sound page on freeciv.org to tell the
people what sounds we need and how they have to be that they fit into the game.
Maybe there are also already some people who really wait for a good sound
system so we maybe distribute the sound.specfile and my E-Mail-adress so they
can begin making soundsets. When doing so we could make the whole sound
developpement a lil' bit faster because trying sound events without having the
right sound is ahhmm... [dumb].

That are some points to discuss, please tell me your position.

Thanks,
David Weisgerber