[Freeciv-Dev] GUI-specific options don't work properly in 1.12.0 (PR#892

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] GUI-specific options don't work properly in 1.12.0 (PR#892)
From: Kevin Brown <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 06:04:15 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, this has been the case ever since I started looking at the
code...

As it stands right now, the main client code has to know about any
GUI-specific options.  Otherwise, it'll reject the option as being
unknown to it.

The following patch fixes this behavior.  It causes the main argument
parser to call the gui-specific parser when it comes across an option
it doesn't recognize.

I have a couple of other patches that I'll be submitting that depend
on the following patch to function properly.

My question is: why are we using our own option parsing functions,
instead of using getopt() and friends?

--
Kevin Brown                                           kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    It's really hard to define what "unexpected behavior" means when you're
                       talking about Windows.