[Freeciv-Dev] Re: 1.12.0 release imminent

To: thue@xxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: 1.12.0 release imminent
From: "Daniel Speyer" <Daniel_Speyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:02:36 -0400

thue@xxxxxxx,Internet writes:
>I am going to start building the 1.12.0 release soon after sending this
>mail.
>
>I know that there is some minor stuff you would like to have added,
>like not being able to bribe barbarian leaders and fixing up the
>I will not be comfortable without letting it rest for a day or two. It
>would then hold CVS in frozen state even longer. At some point we have
>to go ahead.
>
>To CVS writers: Until I have released 1.12.0 please do not commit to
>CVS without asking me first. (I am done when I have bumped the version
>to 1.12.1-devel)
>
>-Thue

Version 1.11.12 still has the scrollbar bug, which is rather ugly to put
into a even number release (it was introduced in 1.11.5).  I would
seriously propose scrollbuttons as an option  (I installed them at my
computer camp (ah, the joys of corrupt administration) and no one
(experienced or newbie -- we have both) had trouble).  If this seems too
untested, we could just eliminate the scrollbars, at least for 1.12.0.  I
know that when I first introduced the game here, the bug caused a fair bit
of trouble.

It's still your final call, though.
--Daniel Speyer
"May the /src be with you, always"