[Freeciv-Dev] Re: units not displayed in city dialog of 1.11.10 (PR#874)

To: "Michael Grundel" <michael42@xxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: units not displayed in city dialog of 1.11.10 (PR#874)
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 12:21:16 +0200

On Sunday 05 August 2001 01:59, Michael Grundel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thue wrote:
> > On Saturday 04 August 2001 21:04, michael42@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > Full_Name: Michael Grundel
> > > Version: 1.11.10
> > > Client: Gtk+
> > > OS: linux x86
> > > Submission from: (NULL) (62.104.212.93)
> > >

> > > I have problems with version 1.11.10 (downloaded today):
> > >
> > > With the trident tiles:
> > > The units present in the city are not displayed in the city
> > > dialog. When I rearrange the settlers the display is updated and
> > > the units are displayed, but the next time I open the city, they
> > > are gone again.
> > >
> > > Isometric version:
> > > Quits with a "Floating point exception" when I open a city
> > > dialog.
> > >
> > > None of these problems occured with 1.11.6 (the last version I
> > > tried out).
> >
> > I can't reproduce this. Could someone who can reproduce this try to
> > debug it? The relevant function is
> > city_dialog_update_present_units() in client/gui-gtk/citydlg.c
>
> Thanks for the pointer.
> I do not have much time to debug this, but I have found the problem:
> pdialog->NUM_UNITS_SHOWN is not set correctly by function
> recalculate_NUM_UNITS_SHOWN.
>
> When I open the city dialog (trident) pdialog->NUM_UNITS_SHOWN is
> always -1. When I rearrange a worker, it is set to 13 and then the
> units are displayed.
>
> With the isometric view pdialog->NUM_UNITS_SHOWN is set to 0, so
> there is a div by 0.
>
> Some code must have changed there since 1.11.6 because 1.11.6 worked
> fine. Maybe the person who did the changes can take a look?
>

> Michael

I changed it - but I can't see why you should get that problem.
Basically, all I did was clean up some use of glists (memory leaks
etc.) and adjust the per-unit allocated width.
Could you try to debug it a bit more?

Attached is a reversed patch with the changes I made. When debugging
you might want to apply it a peice at the time until the bug disappears.
(assuming you will debug it.)

-Thue