Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] suggestion for unit movement

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] suggestion for unit movement
From: Pablo Belluscio <pablibell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:31:52 -0300

Idea/suggestion:
Static units.

Currently, a unit with 0 movement (by design) can still move one tile per
turn. In Civ II you could design "static" units that could be used as radar
outposts (high sight), city shields (high defense), etc.

How to do it:
I am no programmer, but I think that it will not be too difficult to modify
the motion algorithm for the units.