Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] thue: Small PEOPLE update.

To: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] thue: Small PEOPLE update.
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 00:58:35 +0200

On Saturday 30 June 2001 00:29, Trent Piepho wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > freeciv PEOPLE
> >
> > ---- Log message:
> >
> > Small PEOPLE update.
>
> My entry in the PEOPLE file is wrong.  I submitted patches prior to
> 1.6.0.
>
> It also seems highly unfair.  I'm buried at the end behind people who
> pointed out a spelling error or did some one line fix.  John
> Stonebraker hardly gets the credit he deserves either.

Post updated entries then.

> Why do some people have multiple lines describing every little thing
> they did, while others just get an insulting "core patches"?  Why do
> people since 1.11.4 get first billing?

The people section is organized with a section per release, and people
are put under the last release they contributed to.
Since there are no written rules for what is called a "patch" and what
gets specified I guess the practice have varied.

Perhaps we should mention this is the file.

> It seems like there should be a distinction be people who just
> submitted a single patch, and those who had write access and
> maintained the code and reviewed and fixed other's patches.

A special section under past administrators for people who had write
access? We could add that.

-Thue