Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] thue: Small PEOPLE update.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] thue: Small PEOPLE update.
From: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:29:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> freeciv PEOPLE
>
> ---- Log message:
>
> Small PEOPLE update.

My entry in the PEOPLE file is wrong.  I submitted patches prior to 1.6.0.

It also seems highly unfair.  I'm buried at the end behind people who pointed
out a spelling error or did some one line fix.  John Stonebraker hardly gets
the credit he deserves either.

Why do some people have multiple lines describing every little thing they did,
while others just get an insulting "core patches"?  Why do people since 1.11.4
get first billing?

It seems like there should be a distinction be people who just submitted a
single patch, and those who had write access and maintained the code and
reviewed and fixed other's patches.