Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Advisor AI

To: Guy Smith <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Advisor AI
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:43:18 +0200

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 05:16:17PM -0400, Guy Smith wrote:
> Greetings.  My name is Guy Smith, and I just joined this list a few days ago
> with an interest in developing AI code for various advisors in FreeCiv.  I
> realize that you're in the middle of a release, so you may have other
> details in mind, but I would like a few pointers on where to get started
> with integrating my code into the client program.  Perusing the manual
> suggests that there is already a good deal of sophistication in the
> advisors; I'd like to contribute to and expand upon that base.  Right now
> I'm writing a small Prolog tool to do research planning (it seemed like one
> of the easiest tasks to tackle), but I'd like to work on advisors for empire
> expansion, city planning, engineering (roads etc), cartography/exploration,
> taxation/budget, logistics, intentions (predicting what the oponents are
> trying to achieve in terms of research, for example), wonder construction,
> and, of course, the all-important war advisor.  There might be other
> advisors that I'm forgetting about for the moment; I'm sure there will
> always be room in the cabinet for another head.
>
> Perhaps the people who are working on these areas can send me an email and
> we can work out how best to use my skills.

I'm also interested in this kind of development. I will submit code if
the new release is out and new feature patches will get accepted. You
should read the archive about the past discussion. The integration of
code into the client was also a problem we discussed.

> On a different topic, when will Fundamentalism be implemented (or why is it
> NOT going to be implemented)?

AFAIK Fundamentalism is considered to powerful.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "The BeOS takes the best features from the major operating systems.