Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Advisor AI

To: "'freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Advisor AI
From: Guy Smith <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 17:16:17 -0400

Greetings.  My name is Guy Smith, and I just joined this list a few days ago
with an interest in developing AI code for various advisors in FreeCiv.  I
realize that you're in the middle of a release, so you may have other
details in mind, but I would like a few pointers on where to get started
with integrating my code into the client program.  Perusing the manual
suggests that there is already a good deal of sophistication in the
advisors; I'd like to contribute to and expand upon that base.  Right now
I'm writing a small Prolog tool to do research planning (it seemed like one
of the easiest tasks to tackle), but I'd like to work on advisors for empire
expansion, city planning, engineering (roads etc), cartography/exploration,
taxation/budget, logistics, intentions (predicting what the oponents are
trying to achieve in terms of research, for example), wonder construction,
and, of course, the all-important war advisor.  There might be other
advisors that I'm forgetting about for the moment; I'm sure there will
always be room in the cabinet for another head.

Perhaps the people who are working on these areas can send me an email and
we can work out how best to use my skills.

Incidentally, I'm really new to the Civilization games (I playing Civ II for
the first time less than two weeks ago), and I'm totally hooked.

On a different topic, when will Fundamentalism be implemented (or why is it
NOT going to be implemented)?  And paratroopers?

--Guy Smith
guy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx