Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Mac OS X help

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Mac OS X help
From: Thomas Cherry <jceaser@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 14:26:22 -0500

I tried this:
setenv CC "gcc -no-cpp-precomp"
./configure <my_x_libs>
make

Still stopped on city.c with a "bad macro argument list" error.

Don't know about a define for apple, but I thought that apple was using gnu's c compiler. Here is what I find:

% cpp -v
GNU CPP version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 /usr/include
 /usr/include/gcc/darwin/2.95.2/g++/..
 /usr/include
End of search list.
The following default directories have been omitted from the search path:
 /usr/local/include/c++
 /usr/include/gcc/darwin/2.95.2/g++
 /usr/local/include
 /System/Library/Frameworks/System.framework/Headers
End of omitted list.

% cc -v
Reading specs from /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/2.95.2/specs
Apple Computer, Inc. version gcc-926, based on gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)

If you would like any other info to help solve this problem, please let me know and I will try to find it. Thanks.