Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Why does ICS work?

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Why does ICS work?
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:47:34 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2001 01:51 schrieben Sie:
> Good analysis.
>
> [...]
>
> Getting to Republic with a defensible core of size 3 cities and an
> appropriate balance of luxury and pacifier improvements is *THE*
> major growth strategy. If you can do that before the ICS-types find
> you and overrun you, or you can hold them off until you hit critical
> mass, they are dead meat.

I like your last paragraph most. I play that way most of my games.
If we'd _slow_ _down_ _science_, I can get to that point always _before_
the ironclads come. Plus, I can draw more benefit of my science rate.
I would build libraries then, for now this is not neccessary because
I can easily achieve stealth without them.

My 2 euro cent.

> Cheers,
> RossW
> =====

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *