Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: U.S.A

To: "martin.mcmahon" <martin.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: U.S.A
From: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 10:58:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, martin.mcmahon wrote:
> Just a few points that need to be cleared up,
> 1. United Kingdom is the countries England and Scotland and Wales and northern
> Ireland,the republic of Ireland is not part of the uk.

It's part of the same set of islands, so I think it should be part of the
country name.  I know what your country is called better than you do.  I've
never lived there, but people who have never lived here seem to have no
trouble telling me what I should call myself.

> 2. the meaning  yankee is not my personal comment on this just what the world
> standard dictionary says not me.If its wrong to use yankee then we we wont
> use it  no need for the above.

I also know that the world standard term for a person from your island is
limey.  Would you not like to see this in the ruleset?  I would.