Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [patch] readline with -lcurses (PR#772)

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Greg Wooledge <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [patch] readline with -lcurses (PR#772)
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19 May 2001 11:14:37 +0100

On Sat, 19 May 2001, thue@xxxxxxx wrote:
> On Saturday 19 May 2001 03:22, Greg Wooledge wrote:
>> If I copy those two files from a different project, ./configure
>> succeeds; but then make blows up:
>>
>> ranlib libcivserver.a
>> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I./../common -I./../ai -I../intl    -g
>> -O2 -Wall -c civserver.c make[2]: *** No rule to make target `@INTLDEPS@',
>> needed by `civserver'.  Stop.
>
> This is probably because debian unstable has gettext version
> 0.10.37-1, ie unrelated. Still would be nice to have it fixed :).

My first thought in this regard is that the freeciv configure.in
contains a lot of weird stuff pertaining to gettext.  It might be a
good idea to try disabling some of that stuff, in particular that
which is only cosmetic or now obsolete (like the patch to force -w 0
on all msgmerge calls; this is a workaround for a bug that was fixed
in .36)

> Another question: when ./configure-ing with my newly generated
> configure I get
>
> checking for __argz_next... (cached) yes
> checking for iconv... (cached) yes
> checking for iconv declaration... (cached)
>          extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, char * *inbuf, size_t
>          *inbytesleft,
> char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
> checking for nl_langinfo and CODESET... (cached) yes
> checking for LC_MESSAGES... (cached) yes
>
> Why does it print that out? It seems harmless though.

Um, to tell you what the value of the autoconf test was?  It's just
that this test returns a string rather than yes/no.

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
If I had a Q-TIP, I could prevent th'collapse of NEGOTIATIONS!!