Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: switch penalty

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: switch penalty
From: Lino Mastrodomenico <mastro@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 17:06:38 +0200

Karl-Ingo Friese wrote:
> > As to whether there should be a penalty or not ... That's pretty
> > stiff.  You're losing somewhere between 100 and 300 shields if you
> > switch to any other building type after getting beaten to your
> > target wonder.
>
> True, but you missed the point. The discussion was about
> wether there should be a switch (server variable) allowing to
> build wonders "secretly". Jason was only pointing to the fact
> that in some way this already is. In a freeciv game, you will
> never see me starting to build the wonder I am heading for.
> to. When I want Pyramids, I start Hanging Gardens. The turn
> I switch (without penalty) to the "final" wonder is the same
> turn when it will be finished.

No.
Davide and Jason say that there is a bug: if you start Hanging Gardens when
you want Pyramids the other players will at least know that you are building
a wonder.

But if the Hanging Gardens is _already_ built, then your project is _not_
shown in the wonder dialog and the other players don't even know that you are
building a wonder.

The solution is a simple patch for server/report.c proposed by Davide Pagnin:
i have attached an updated version.

ciao

--
Lino Mastrodomenico