Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: beta release???

To: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuomas.airaksinen@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: beta release???
From: Erik Sigra <sigra@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 13:25:45 +0200

söndagen den  6 maj 2001 12:23 skrev Tuomas Airaksinen:
> What is slowing up the release of 1.12.0 beta? I guess it should have been
> done days if not weeks ago already. Is there some special reason not to
> release beta?

Open bugs maybe?

I know it is unrealistic to fix all open bugs before the next release, but
some of the most annoying which are also trivial to fix (with GTK kowledge)
should probably be fixed. An example:
  http://www.freeciv.org/cgi-bin/bugs/open?id=532
(Perhaps you could take a look at this one if you want to speed things up,
since you seem to have achieved some knowledge about GTK+ lately.)

I guess this is also such a case (unless it is a GTK+ problem):
  http://www.freeciv.org/cgi-bin/bugs/open?id=393

And then I think the readline related configure.in patch from a few days ago
should be applied before any beta release (now). It is an easy fix to a
serious problem.