Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: beta release???

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: beta release???
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 14:23:51 +0100 (WET DST)

On Sun, 6 May 2001, Erik Sigra wrote:

> söndagen den  6 maj 2001 12:23 skrev Tuomas Airaksinen:
> > What is slowing up the release of 1.12.0 beta? I guess it should have been
> > done days if not weeks ago already. Is there some special reason not to
> > release beta?
>
> Open bugs maybe?
>
> I know it is unrealistic to fix all open bugs before the next release, but
> some of the most annoying which are also trivial to fix (with GTK kowledge)
> should probably be fixed. An example:
>   http://www.freeciv.org/cgi-bin/bugs/open?id=532
> (Perhaps you could take a look at this one if you want to speed things up,
> since you seem to have achieved some knowledge about GTK+ lately.)

The problem is that the accelerator key is defined in the window itself.
When the focus in on a GtkCList the accelerator isn't activated because
GtkCList messes them up somehow.  This also happens with the change
production dialog for e.g.

> I guess this is also such a case (unless it is a GTK+ problem):
>   http://www.freeciv.org/cgi-bin/bugs/open?id=393

IIRC this is a problem of GTK+ itself since the GtkEntry widget doesn't
interpret KP_ENTER only ENTER or something.  This has been fixed in gtk+
1.3.4 at least but that is a beta version which is still bug ridden so i
guess we'll just wait for the gtk+ 1.4.x series (or a mature 1.3.x series)
to port the client to it and therefore get rid of this bug.

> And then I think the readline related configure.in patch from a few days ago
> should be applied before any beta release (now). It is an easy fix to a
> serious problem.

---