Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Goto into the unknown (PR#759)

To: zamar-fc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Joona Kiiski), freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Goto into the unknown (PR#759)
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 00:58:52 +0200

On Thursday 03 May 2001 09:46, Joona Kiiski wrote:
> >Why this happens:
> >Note that if you have an ocean tile next to a land tile you see the cost.
> > To be able to draw this the client knows the terrain of tiles on the
> > edges of the unknown.
> >The goto then uses this knowledge, as a user also can.
> >What you are seeing is a case where the drawing to not use all the extra
> >knowledge it has.
> >I suppose it could be hacked to only send land tiles next to unknown ocean
> >tiles...
>
> Well, if there isn't land, then there must be sea, right?
> You know it although you don't see it.
>
> --
> Zamar

Umm, I meant unknown land tiles next to known sea tiles.
Note that this excludes unknown tiles next to known land tiles, which is the
problem with the goto knowing more than is visible on the map.
But as I mentioned in the other mail, the map drawing depends on the extra
knowledge, so there is no very quick fix that will leave the drawing
untouched.

-Thue