Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion

To: "'freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion
From: Jordan Crouse <jordanc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:04:55 -0600

Consider those poor disadvantaged folks who have no net access, and want to
play a game against 10 or 15 AI players on a cold December night.  It would
be very nice to keep the AI time to a minimum.  15 seconds a turn doesn't
scale very well.

But I am all for having support for multiple scripting languages (anchored by
a c interface, of course), so those who are more serious could plug in their
favorite language for better performance.  But I speak for the little people
who have little or no scripting experience -- give them their C based UI
first, and then let all the gurus add their favorite languages later.

That gives us a huge potential for complexity, while not losing sight of
those who just want to play a quick game on the bus.  I even envision a day
when some people would prefer to create and play very complex AI bots instead
of playing themselves.

Jordan
--
-- embed this!  http://www.microwindows.org --

On Monday 23 April 2001 07:51, Glenn Taylor mentioned: