Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: automaticly restarting script

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: automaticly restarting script
From: Bernhard Kuemel <darsie@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 15:57:46 +0200

Tuomas Airaksinen wrote:

> I just use following civloop script at tuma.stc.cx:5555:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> while true; do
>         echo "Civserver launched $(date)" >> my_civlog.txt
>         civserver -q 500 -r my_civscript.txt >> my_civlog.txt
> done

Hmm, my civserver doesn't have this -q option. But I found that
public civservers aren't such a great idea since it's better to
run ones own server which allows one to save and restore games.

[bernhard@b freeciv-1.11.4]$ civserver -q 500
Error: unknown option '-q'
This is the server for Freeciv version 1.11.4
You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org/
Usage: civserver [option ...]
Valid options are:
  -h, --help            Print a summary of the options
  -r, --read FILE       Read startup script FILE
  -f, --file FILE       Load saved game FILE
  -p, --port PORT       Listen for clients on port PORT
  -g, --gamelog FILE    Use FILE as game logfile
  -l, --log FILE        Use FILE as logfile
  -m, --meta            Send info to metaserver
  -M, --Metaserver ADDR Set ADDR as metaserver address
  -s, --server HOST     List this server as host HOST
  -d, --debug NUM       Set debug log level (0,1,2)
  -v, --version         Print the version number
Report bugs to
<bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

Bernhard