Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Changing Production in Obscure Circumstance (PR#738)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Changing Production in Obscure Circumstance (PR#738)
From: cameron@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 12:56:37 -0700 (PDT)

Full_Name: Cameron Morland
Version: CVS
Client: Both (or N/A)
OS: Debian
Submission from: (NULL) (65.92.44.213)

Build a city, set it to "Disband if build settler at size 1".
Now set the city to build a settler. If the settler is done
before the city grows, the message is "Game: Paris can't
build Settlers yet, and we can't disband our only city."
This is correct. If you instead of allowing the settler to
finish on its own, you buy it, the message is "Game: Settlers
bought in Paris for 41 gold." This is also correct. On the
next turn the message is again "Paris can't build Settlers".
But now if you try to switch to building something else, you
get "Game: You have bought this turn, can't change.", even
if it has been several turns since you bought. The only way
to escape seems to be to allow the city to grow.

I'm too busy to look at this now.