Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Just one easy question

To: Stephen Hofmann <sh_lonestarconsulting@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Just one easy question
From: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:21:06 +0300

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 11:39:18AM -0500, Stephen Hofmann wrote:
>Greetings.&nbsp; I tried to download freeciv but cannot seem to be able to
>open it.&nbsp; I am at a ViewSonic computer (A 75f) with a Compaq keyboard
>(if that means anything) running Windows 98.&nbsp; After the&nbsp;download
>process is complete, what do I do?&nbsp; I go onto the Windows Explorer
>and can locate it, but cannot open it.&nbsp; It gives me these options,
>but which do I choose?

Firstly, your message was very difficult to read because it was HTML and
not plain text.

If you have downloaded windows package, you have to unzip it with for example
winzip (which can be downloaded from http://www.winzip.com) and then just
launch server and client and start game. I guess there is some HOWTO or
quickstart guide included in .zip-package and at least at http://www.freeciv.org
to help you with beginning.

--
Best regards, Tuomas Airaksinen <tuomas.airaksinen@xxxxxxxxxx>