Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: expert system

Cc: FreeCiv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: expert system
From: Cameron Morland <cjmorlan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:46:46 -0500 (EST)

La 2001-03-14, Peter Marouelli skribis:

> Are there any plans to use an expert system as AI for freeciv? Has
> anybody ever thought about that?

I have been considering building an intelligent system, using
behaviour-based techniques augmented by neural networks. I haven't started
working on it in any significant way, I hope to start in late May.

This is a situation far beyond the capabilities of an expert system, at
least if you want the AI to be a threat. (IMHO)