Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: Allowing PNGs under GTK

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: Allowing PNGs under GTK
From: Patrice LaFlamme <ewd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 12:28:25 -0500

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 07:54:35AM +0100 or thereabouts, Dirk Stoecker wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Baumans wrote:
> > a hack. Next: PNG support for every other client.
> Really easy for MUI client. Only add "*.png" to the names list (if not
> already done :-).

Should be very easy for the BeOS client too  (well.. once it's functional ;) ),
just change the .xpm to .png, maybe remove the #includes whatever.xpm,
and BTranslator will take care of the rest :)  (sometimes I wonder why
GTK and other X toolkits don't implement things like that... but maybe
they're too busy copying Windows ;)  but that's another topic for another
mailing list...)

Patrix.

--
"I am the fixed point of insanity in any sane situation. And some people find
that comforting."