Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] send info packet question

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] send info packet question
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 02:15:13 -0600 (CST)

does this code in civclient.c:485 only get called once?

    if(client_state==CLIENT_GAME_RUNNING_STATE) {
      update_research(game.player_ptr);
      role_unit_precalcs();
      boot_help_texts();        /* reboot */
      update_unit_focus();
    }

Or, in other words, if I want to send some info to the server once _and_
as soon as the client joins a running game (i.e there's a blinking unit on
the screen), is this the place I can/should do it? for example, adding a
function that does:

 send_packet_player_request(&aconnection, &packet, PACKET_SOME_PACKET)

--mike