[Freeciv-Dev] population cost patch
[Top] [All Lists]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index] [Thread Index]
ok, i merged arien´s and my patch. the patch is against cvs-mar-04 and the
* a new variable pop_cost in units.ruleset determines how many population
points the unit costs.
* a new flag AddToCity must be set for units that can add their population
points to existing cities.
* the meaning of add_to_size_limit changed. it was the largest size for
adding settlers to a city. now it is the maximum size a city can be grown
to. this is more logical since a single unit may add more than one point to
the benefits are:
* settlers can cost 2 population points. this removes a main benefit of ics:
the fact that with default rules settlers take away one worker and a new
city gives two.
* refugee-units that cost population points and can add to existing cities
but not build new ones
these notes are for arien:
* in cityturn.c the functions city_reduced_by_famine and
city_auto_remove_workers were only used once, so i moved the code to the
locations of these function calls. furthermore i changed city_reduce_size so
that city_refresh and send_city_info are not called when only specialists
get removed. besides city_built_woker_cost was not necessay.
things to do:
* pressing the "b"-key does not add units with AddToCity, but without Cities
and Settlers flag to a city. up to now i did not look for the reason again,
but this should be fixed.
* clients/helpdata.c should know pop_cost and AddToCity.
* for a AddToCity-only unit the menu item shows "build city" instead of "add
* a new ruleset should be created. i suggest the following changes:
-settlers, engineers: pop_cost = 2, build_cost=60
-terraforming-only versions of settlers and engineers: build_cost=30,
pop_cost=uk_food=0. they must be placed after settlers and engineers in
unit.rulesset to make the ai use them.
-a refugee unit: pop_cost = 1, build_cost=10, attack=defense=uk_food=0,
move_rate=1. maybe it would be interesting to have them arise like partisans
after a city is conquered.
-with this rules it is much more important to have good locations for the
first cities. so i suggest init_vis_radius_sq = 18 (sounds like really
huge, but it is only the smallest radius that includes all squares in a
distance of 3).
-foodbox_increase=0, foodbox=30 to prevent ics
* if some people like to play with this rules, we may want fitting pictures
for the new units (not only elephant and crusader pictures!).
please try out playing with these new rules, it is really fun!
comments are very welcome!
and: it would be nice to have this patch applied or to be told what to
Description: Binary data
- [Freeciv-Dev] population cost patch,
Michael Kiermaier <=