Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: population cost patch

To: Michael Kiermaier <michael.kiermaier@xxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: population cost patch
From: Arien Malec <arien_malec@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 11:22:23 -0800 (PST)

--- Arien Malec <arien_malec@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> See my previous e-mail: the problem is in request_unit_build_city

Oops, I misread the code: it only does the PACKET_CITY_NAME_SUGGEST_REQ
thing on the basis of can_unit_build_city...

But I think the problem is here:

http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/unithand.c?v=cvs#L381

if (!unit_flag(punit->type, F_CITIES)) {
  char *us = get_units_with_flag_string(F_CITIES);
  notify_player_ex(pplayer, punit->x, punit->y, E_NOEVENT,
                   _("Game: Only %s can build or add to a city."), us);
  free(us);
  return;
}

Should be tests on F_CITIES && F_ADD_TO_CITY

IMHO, the functions for building a city and adding to a city should be
separated....

Arien