Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: ICS solution #683

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: ICS solution #683
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 22:58:31 +0100

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 05:56:34PM -0800, Paul Zastoupil wrote:
> Ok so I have a proposal to eliminate ICS as well (who doesn't?).

I have several :)

> I think cities of size 1 should produce no science, and cities of size
> 2 should have their science halved.  The reason for this is 2 fold.
> First we want to limit ICS.  Second, historically science has always
> been about people having time to focus on things other than surviving
> and also communication.

> The research speed may have to be tweeked to keep the game flowing,
> but this would help reduce the attractiveness of ICS.
>
> Reinier Post pointed out there is a false floor on trade so that cities
> can never have < 1 trade.  This should also be removed.

Yes, this may have much the same effect, at least under despotism
where the effect of corruption is very strong.

The two lines:

  http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/citytools.c?v=cvs#L562

Is it a good idea to introduce a setting to control them, or should
they just be removed?

--
Reinier