Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Update] Happiness display (GTK client)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Update] Happiness display (GTK client)
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 13:38:09 -0500

"Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Erik Sigra <sigra@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a city with temple and Oracle.
One line in the happiness display says:
"Buildings: Temple. Colloseum."
But I have discovered mysticism, so it sould say something like:
"Buildings: Temple with mysticism and Oracle. Colloseum."

Again, I was trying to keep it simple.  But it is easy to add.

After thinking about it a bit more, I decided against it, because I don't want to have to add Electronics for Colloseum, Theology/Communism for Cathedral, etc. I would rather keep it as uncluttered as possible, and I feel the player should really be familiar with the effect of these techs and wonders. For example, I expect the player to know what he/she is doing when he/she builds the Oracle. You can certainly make a case for it to be mentioned, but I really prefer to keep it simple.

I also see nothing wrong with "Cathedral(Michelangelo's Chapel)". It seems clear enough to me.

Mike