Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: 7 new free citystyle graphics for isometric view/Hires

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: 7 new free citystyle graphics for isometric view/Hires tileset
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:04:51 -0500

Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I added 7 new citystyle graphics (in addition to original Hires ones,
now following are made available: Minoan (x2, maybe another can be removed), indian, middle eastern, japanese, russian, and african) to be available for isometric view/hires tileset. They are all free (not based on civ2 ones, and GPLable). I took them from Harlan Thompson's collection (hancities.zip), from civfanatics.com.

This is probably only nitpicking, but these graphics is closer to the original Civ2 style than to HiRes, and they may not look very good together. Maybe a new isometric tileset should be created instead? There is also plenty of free terrain and units graphics available that is closer to the original style, which some players may actually prefer.

It's going to be difficault to add to the HiRes tileset because its style is quite unique. We will have to get Tim Smith (the author) more involved.

As Thue mentioned before, we will also need these graphics for the Trident and Engels tilesets.

Mike