Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Saving surplus sields when helping to build wonder (PR#702

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Saving surplus sields when helping to build wonder (PR#702)
From: mikon@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:41:20 -0800 (PST)

Full_Name: Mikolaj Konarski
Version: 1.11.5-devel
Client: Gtk+
OS:
Submission from: (NULL) (193.0.96.2)

When I finish building things the surplus production units (shields)
are added to the build stock of the next thing which is to be built.
This is good, this cuts on micromanagement.

Now, when I help building wonder using a caravan, and my last caravan
finishes the process, the surplus shields are lost. For example, when I
have Pyramids [181/200] and I help it with a caravan (50 shields),
I get Pyramids [200/200] instead of Pyramids [231/200] and so 31 shields
are lost. But if I pretend to be building Great Library [181/300] instead,
after helping I get Great Library [231/300], then swith to Pyramids
and get Pyramids [231/200].

This is a stupid trick, a micromanagement and an inconsistency.

Cheers,
Mikolaj