Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Freezing /endyear

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Freezing /endyear
From: Freeciv Player <distopia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 01:36:28 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I was playing a game recently on the civserver with metainfo string
join as Washington as is common after a player leaves.

Someone joined and immediately set endyear to 0 ending the game. This
was particularly annoying as I was (unusually) winning.

Suggest that endyear be frozen at the start of the game and people
be envcouraged to use the /endgame command instead. In order to end the
game a majority of non AI players would all have to end the game.

Paulz suggested some button as for end turn, or maybe a menu option
would do the trick.

distopia