Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] Re: thue: Make Leonardo's Workshop choos

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] Re: thue: Make Leonardo's Workshop choose a random unit ...
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 16:15:25 +0100

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 09:36:33AM -0500, Jeff Mallatt wrote:

> >It's important to list this in the summary of new changes for the
> >next release.  Does anybody keep track of these?
>
> Yes.  All of the CVS log messages are saved to changes.txt.  When a release
> is made, the Administrator goes through that file and updates the NEWS file
> with anything important.

OK, so as soon as the release is out, we have a list.

This reminds me of a problem with the Known Bugs section on
www.freeciv.org: it really is the HTML-reformatted BUGS file,
and therefore, does not list Known Bugs in the latest release.
In the case of 1.11.4, the broken packets / reconnection bug,
which appears to be fixed in CVS, really should be listed somewhere.

So it would be an improvement to always keep the information in NEWS
and BUGS up to date in the current CVS release; that way most questions
about existing bugs or reasons to upgrade to CVS can be answered from
those files.

--
Reinier