Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Win32 Winsock patch

To: tuomas.airaksinen@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Win32 Winsock patch
From: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 17:36:17 +0100 (CET)

Tuomas Airaksinen writes:
 > On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 12:31:45AM +0000, Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa
 > wrote:
 > > Ok i cleaned Andreas's patch up a bit:
 > >  * changed to Freeciv style (death to GNU! :->)
 > >  * added my_shutdown_network()
 > >  * checks for failing to init the winsock dll
 > >  * tweaks to configure.in
 > >  * changed lotsa WIN32_NATIVE for HAVE_WINSOCK_H)
 > >  * minor tweaks
 > >
 > > It still needs some cleaning up:
 > >  * still more WIN32_NATIVE stuff to eliminate
 > >  * win-stdin.c has gotta go. move to common/ & make a set of callbacks to
 > >   be used in the server which wrap that stdin kludge for win32 & other
 > >   platforms.
 > >  * cleanup configure.in still got lotsa freaky stuff there:
 > >     WINDRES?, win32 detection?
 > >
 > >     WTF is this? :-)
 > > +      CLIENT_LIBS="-lwsock32 -mwindows gui-win32/freeciv-rc.o"
 > >                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 > >
 > > Oh yeah: testing if it actually works in win32 would probably be a good
 > > idea too ;-)
 >
 > Testing is possible only if you compile binaries. Most of win-people don't
 > have compiler.

A binary of the today cvs patched with the following patch is at
http://home.t-online.de/home/akemnade/freeciv-cvs-server.tar.gz

I have tested it on linux with wine and on win95.

The patch is almost the same is the server stuff from the 1.11.4 patch
(The windows binary package uses it). So, if nothing is broken down,
the server should still work. (I haven't tested meta server report yet)

There were some typos in configure.in and win-stdin.c in Vasco's patch.
Here is the corrected version.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade