Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patches (PR#685)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patches (PR#685)
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 12:54:30 -0800 (PST)

On Monday 05 February 2001 01:45, Marko Lindqvist wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Thue wrote:
> > I prefer to let allied cities cause unhappiness. (patch attached)
>
>  I don't. It should be possible to defend allied cities. Isn't whole
> point of alliance to coordinate your forces together?
>
>  But if you really want units in allied cities to cause unhappiness, so
> should units in fortresses near allied cities.
>
>  Of course, there's space for one more option...
>

>  Caz

What I though of when I did the patch was real life... fx the americans are
unhappy when they have troops in japan, regardless of if those troops are in
a japanese city or not.

Note that the unhappiness will be redone when we implement borders; then
troops outside your borders will cause unhappiness.

-Thue