[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [NEWBIE] Locale problem with GTK

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [NEWBIE] Locale problem with GTK
From: Ernesto Domato <ernesto@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 00:11:35 -0500

and every sentence is displayed 'till an accent letter appears where it
is cut and don't display the rest of the sentence (I don't know if I
explain that well).

This is probably because of a GTK bug. Upgrade GTK. If you are already using latest stable, it may help to try a newer development version.

If this doesn't solve it, tell what desktop environment you use and if you have this problem in other GTK programs.

I'm using the KDE2 desktop.
Anyway, I test to compile the Freeciv on other machine that has Debian 2.2 and the Gnome desktop and it work fine. The funny thing is that I try in the same machine to run the gtk-client but this time in KDE2 and it works fine too so I think that the problem is with some library in the first machine where I has the problem.
I'll check that then.

Thanks for all anyway.
Ernesto.