[Freeciv-Dev] [NEWBIE] Locale problem with GTK

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] [NEWBIE] Locale problem with GTK
From: Ernesto Domato <ernesto@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 18:59:28 -0500

Hi everybody, I'm new in the list and this is my first post.

Sorry if this mail is asking something that was allready discuss, but I try to find some clue on the mailing archive and have no luck =(

The problem that I'm having is that after compile freeciv with the option in configure --with-included-gettext and trying to run the client with the enviroment variable LANG=es to have the client in spanish, it runs fine but throw that warning message:

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

and every sentence is displayed 'till an accent letter appears where it is cut and don't display the rest of the sentence (I don't know if I explain that well).

By the other way, compiling with the same configure option but using the xaw3d libraries, it's works perfect. I mean, it doesn't throw any error and the accents are displayed well and the sentences are complete.

Of course, running the GTK client in english works fine.

To finnish this mail, I'd like to tell you that I'm running a Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 with all the libraries required.

Thanks for all and excuse my english but it's not my mother language.
Greettings.
Ernesto.