[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] New event handling

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] New event handling
From: David Pfitzner <dwpfitzner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:14:07 -0800 (PST)

Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The client will prepare the arguments, retrieve the localized format
> string and will vsnprintf it. There has to be some va_list magic.

I would suggest not using vsnprintf, but doing it "manually",
which shouldn't be too hard since there should only by %d and %s
and %% fields?  Oh, and %$2s or however that goes.

That way you avoid va_list hassles, and can verify everything
as you go, which otherwise you would have to do anyway before
calling vsnprintf() (since should not pass untrusted strings
and args to vsnprintf()).

-- David