[Freeciv-Dev] Re: XPM format

To: Nathan Ólafur Richardsson <nathan@xxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: XPM format
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 18:04:52 -0500

At 2001/01/22 17:29 , Nathan Ólafur Richardsson wrote:
>This isn´t exactly a suggestion to you but rather contributors, but could
>you suggest to tileset makers etc. to also include a PNG version of the GFX?
>
>I´m having big problems finding a converter that supports XPM. Just a tiny
>thing for us Winblow users :)

Just think of Linux as a graphics format converter program.  ;-)

<ahem> Seriously, there are converters out there.  Though the whole package
is overkill, you can use the Convert program from the ImageMagick suite
<http://www.imagemagick.org/> to convert between XPM and PNG.

If someone knows of something better, I'd like to hear about it also.

jjm