[Freeciv-Dev] Re: the contents of savegames (was: Preparations for other

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: the contents of savegames (was: Preparations for other AIs and humans)
From: iquin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 00:42:54 -0500 (EST)

> It may also be useful to record unit spottings, so if an AI
> sees a Fighter pass by once, it knows that one of its enemies
> has achieved Flight, can use that to raise the priority of
> countermeasures.
Yes. This is a valid argument. Well, a _very_ good AI
would change production/form alliance/etc... immediately
and these changes are preserved through savegames.
That _very_ good AI will look at what it is currently
doing and figure out the history which leads to its
current behavior whenever savegames are loaded.

Anyway, I think a compromise for those "not so good" AIs
would be server sending out a savegame ID whenever it
saves/restores a game. Those AI clients can have their
private savegames and look for a match on server reload.

Regards,
I.Q.

Get free personalized email at http://geocities.iname.com