[Freeciv-Dev] Make auto-settler work dependable on my plans

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Make auto-settler work dependable on my plans
From: Vary Peter <kanya@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:00:12 +0100 (CET)

Idea/suggestion

Make auto-settler work dependable on my plans

Description

I'd like to tell to my settlers, engineers not to irrigate all lands
around my city just 4 squares, and 1 mine, and after that go to the other
city ad do some job there...

Either by giving a work queue to my engineers, or by setting the expected
improvement type of the square.

Realistic aspect

Engineers are clever, can remember more orders :)

How to do it

Queue can be a little too much work, but giving an expected improvement
type of the square is probably OK. The auto-settler's AI can be modified
to finish these jobs first before choosing another square.

So what about this idea?

Peter Vary
kanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx