[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch catalan.ruleset

To: markus.buechele@xxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch catalan.ruleset
From: "Miguel Farah F." <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 20:18:34 -0300 (CLST)

Markus dijo/said:

>Hi,
>
>Changes in catalan.ruleset:
>
>- changed male form of leader of fundamentalism from Arquebisbe to Gran
>Inquisidor
>- corrected spelling and accenture of several cities
>- added further cities

I am the author of the previous catalan.ruleset patch, and I have a
couple things to complain about this new patch:

1) I don't have a problem with the spelling corrections (and the new
   city names), but I would have sworn that the correct spelling is
   "Sant Feliu de Guixols" and not "Sant Feliu de Guíxols". I COULD be
   mistaken, though.

2) I'm not so sure that the new leader title for fundamentalism is an
   improvement: the title of "Inquisidor" clearly refers to the
   Inquisition, which ruled in Spain for three centuries and did NOT
   have political power per se, unlike the title of arquebisbe
   (archbishop), that DID have it and has been in use for many more
   centuries.

   From a historic point of view, I consider "Arquebisbe" a much more
   suited title for the fundamentalist government in catalan.ruleset
   than "gran inquisidor" (that's why I didn't change it in the first
   place when I patched the file).

So, IMNAAHO, the title change shouldn't be commited. How do I officialy
issue a er... opposition... to this particualr change?

--
MIGUEL FARAH              //   miguel@xxxxx
#include <disclaimer.h>   //   http://www.nn.cl/~miguel