[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Scripting and client-side AI's

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Scripting and client-side AI's
From: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 01:29:10 -0600

Marko Lindqvist wrote:

>  In fact, client currently knows, in some respects, less than player. This
> was one of the reasons I gave up cazaic development. (but things are
> improved since)
>
>  For example:
>  When city changes owner, server sends packet_remove_city for old city and
> later packet_unit_info for 'new' one (with different city id). Client
> can't be (always) perfectly sure that these two cities are in fact same
> city. Any information collected is lost (whether diplomat have already
> stolen from that city, original builder...).
>  But as I said, things are improving. This changes any day now.

People who have already looked at the problem should probably start building
a list of these issues, just as a list of ruleset restrictions is now being
built.  With a good list in hand, people might be willing to patch the system
to address the various things on the list.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas